Wednesday, May 2, 2007

The Final Countdown!

(We're not going to look like tourists, are we?)
Hey!
Does my title bring up any memories of an old song by an eighties hairband, "Europe?" What a great song! One of my very first tape, yes tape, purchases, and no, I'm not ashamed. Well, that's just a side note...
We are moving in 10 days!! I think we've nailed down the date. My mom will be flying in on the 9th and will help us drive out with the U-haul towing a car, our other car, our girls and, oh yes, the cat "Cookie." I don't really know what a three day drive with a cat is like. Do you have to tell the hotel people when you check in? Do you take the litter box with you? Is she going to be so confused by the time we land there that she'll just go sit in the middle of the road till someone puts her out of her misery? Hmmm...
We are very excited. I feel soo thankful, blessed and thrilled. I've compared my feelings to possibly how the Israelites might have felt leaving Egypt. I know Texans may take offense, but it's not really against Texans. They might feel similar if they were living in California and longing for their homeland of Texas. So, though I know that our hearts will not be truly at home until we are complete in God, I think that for me the scenery at least will be more "like home."

3 comments:

flee said...

YEAH for the Millers!!! I'm so glad for you guys and I know that this will be a new beginning for your family. You need to email me when you have a minute and update me on the specs. I'll be praying for you guys as you transition once again. God bless and know that I love you guys!

flee

Carolyn said...

Cute picture! Wow they are growing up. We will be thinking and praying for your days of packing and travelling, and then unpacking, and meeting new people, and settling, and creating routine, etc.. etc.. We love you,
Care

Anonymous said...

California here you come! Just in time for summer too. Blessings on you guys!! I make a promise to you-we will come see you soon! Santa Barbara is worth the drive itself but with YOU there...whoo-hoo!!