Friday, August 8, 2008

Escape







I have taken a brief visit back to the (not quite reality) world of blogging to say that I have been completely out of it for like...5 days. I started reading "Twilight" by stephenie Meyer and have been neglecting everything. I'm on to the second book called "New Moon" and will be addicted until I finish the fourth book that came out last Friday.
I don't know if any of you have read these books (Teen Romance/Vampire), but I'm hoping the author ends this drama and gets the couple together.
So, I guess I'm recommending more books. But unlike most of the books I recommend these are a bit hazardous to your health...at least for me because I'm reading when I should be sleeping.
Also I have been told that they are only read by teens and soccer moms. MTV is making them into movies...Oh well, it's not like I haven't done embarrassing or pitiful things before.

4 comments:

Angie said...

You are crazy...teenage vampires...reminds me of when I read those silly Christopher Pike novels when I was a kid. Honestly I better pass, I just finished Eat Pray Love. Only took me 18 months. Love the bean post, Ms. Natural!!! Can't wait to see how the canning goes.

tim rush said...

I cracked up when I saw Teen Romance/Vampire. But hey, I bet they are great. Who'd a thunk Harry Potter was actually an entertaining read? Its tag would be what? kiddie/majical creatures?

I really miss you guys. Hope you have a good week.

(We're going to meet Bill and Anne and Haley Smith in P.V.!)

Kim said...

ummm.. kristi are we still friends? do you read my blog??????? i am just wondering since i recently admitted to reading the same books!!!!

well even if our friendship has ceased to exist i am glad that i know another that was treacherously sucked into these books. makes me feel a little less silly for reading all 3 books in a week and standing in line at midnight to get the 4th with my sis-in-law jenn.

why can't we be friends? oh why can't we be friends?

Timbra said...

kim seems pretty sad. . . i guess now that the two of you have loved these books so much, i'll probably go ahead and give them a read. . . i read christopher pike too. i was in 5th grade when i got turned onto those and then my mom found one and i got in trouble for reading books about vampire teens making out and drinking beer when i was TEN!!!! and k/t rush and fam. . . we were sad to miss you in PV!!! (and i don't think HP would be considered "kiddie" it's more like um, tween and moves into young adult as the kids grow :)