Sunday, August 24, 2008

Children of the Corn






Here are some pictures of the kids in the corn before we ripped it all out. I wanted to prove that I really grew it and that it was BIG!


I guess true gardening season is coming to an end, but since we're in California we can keep growing through winter. So, I'm going to plant some more stuff as soon as I get the motivation to do so.

4 comments:

Timbra said...

oh i LOVE it. . first off how the girls had to get dressed up to go out into the corn patch. . . second how cute and grown up the girls are, particularly olivia who is going on what, THREE? crazy!!! and also i love your corn. i thought of calling my corn post CHILD of the corn, but it just wasn't the same, plus i didn't grow it myself, so it was cheating. . . did you guys eat the corn yet? how did it "turn out" (as far as growing i mean?) maybe i'll pull myself together for a winter garden. . . do i want to brave the snow to check on my spinach? not sure yet!!!! i wasn't even willing to brave the sunshine to check on my non existant green beans (or whatever i might have grown had i braved the sun and hard dirt). good on you for being such a diligent little farmer this year, hope that guy doesn't really come around and steel your corn :) ps, vegas is about halfway. . . someday we'll meet up. . .someday. . . . . . .

Kristi said...

Timbra,
they didn't dress up for the pic...that's just the way it goes in princess land. You'll see. The corn turned out great. It was edible and plentiful. I think I would choose a sweeter variety next time, but what I grew was good nonetheless.
Vegas, huh? Someday... sounds good.

Timbra said...

i knew they didn't dress up for the pic. . i was teasing because i was pretty sure that they just has to "dress up" in general these days. say lots of prayers that our new focus on a successful photography business will make us lots of money to visit all our friends. . . you'll be first on the list, we'll stop over for a few days on our way to hawaii to see more friends. . . someday :)

Su said...

Oooh, don't you love growing corn? It is definately my favourite thing that my dad grows. (I like the potatoes and tomatoes, too, but corn is more... fun.)

(Okay, I'm now on my third try with the word verification. I am no good at these things.)