Thursday, January 3, 2008




I have had a long absence so I’ll recap my Christmas as briefly as possible.

What I got:

I had quite a prosperous year with lots of surprises by very generous folk.

A bike! It’s a “hybrid.” Not a road, nor a mountain, but somewhere in between. Ideal for pulling the Trailer I also got from my family. It’s for hauling the kids around. I’m actually really excited about it, though I recognize it is going to be quite a workout tugging 70 pounds up and down our hills.

I also got an Ipod Shuffle. I was surprised by this since I didn’t ask for one and hardly knew what it was. I imagine it’s good for me to step into this era and lose my hearing with the rest of the world. Once I’m comfortable riding the bike it should come in handy.

The other surprise was a Juicer from my sister. We made the best apple juice I have ever had in my life with it. My sister is a very generous person; she also gave me a massage at massage envy. I am really looking forward to that.


What I did:

We had a great visit in Colorado. The nice thing there is that there are always people around to visit with, but you are allowed to “escape” too. It was also nice that I was able to leave the girls a few times to just get out.

Watched “P.S. I love you” and cried like a baby. I was dooped by the preview and thought it was a romantic comedy not a romantic tragedy! I can’t remember the last time I saw a movie in the theater. So, even though I cried for two hours it was still nice to be there.

Watched TV, but not as much as I should have (if I can ever say I “should” watch TV.) We don't have cable, so I had to catch up on all the TLC, and travel shows. New years eve was spent watching some show on TLC about that family with eight kids (twins and sextuplets). It was hilarious. I also watched some of the Planet Earth series on a 73 inch flat screen TV.

3 puzzles: 1000 piece, a 700, and a 100 piece. I’ve turned into a puzzle nerd. I get into one and I can’t stop even to the sad neglect of my girls.

Went to “the mountains”. Funny to say since there are mountains all over Colorado, but not exactly in Pueblo. So we went to Mike and Karen’s newly bought 30 acre property in the mountains.

I “sledded” down a hill on a cut out box. The girls went with me a few times. I could’ve done it all day except that my jeans were soaked on the backside and I was frozen.

I read about half of a book I got from my sister called “Eat, Pray, Love” by Elizabeth Gilbert. I’m loving it and could say a lot more about the book.

Looked around at all the discount stores that we don’t have here.


Got a haircut by someone other than myself or my mom. (First time in almost two years).


What I ate:

Mint Fudge, My Best Baklava, York Peppermint patties, Hershey’s mint kisses, Hershey’s kisses with Almonds, Dove chocolate, Williams Sonoma Peppermint bark, Vanilla, Butterscotch and Café Latte flavored suckers from See’s Candies, Homemade suckers from Paul’s Uncle Leigh, sugar cookies with lots of sprinkles, thanks to the girls.

How much I gained…well, let’s just say, I’m also thankful for the velour sweat-suit from my mom.

5 comments:

Kim said...

FINALLY!! yeah, i am glad that you returned and this time with pictures of your cuties. i must say that the photo of you is hilarious, quite a compromising position... i hope you didn't bump into any rocks ;)

i am glad that you guys had a good holiday.

Kristi said...

Hi Kim,
I made it out safely. No rocks or trees, just snow!
Thanks for dropping by.

Cheesetown said...

"John and Kate plus eight"...Marci loves that show. I can't even imagine how difficult that would be!

Su said...

I love the pics, as always!

I gotta tell ya, iPod shuffle + bike = brilliant. At least in my experience.

Timbra said...

after a HUGELY busy week, I finally had a minute to really read and enjoy this 'catch up' blog. . . so cute and fun! wish we were seeing you this month. . . . i will write you a real email since it seems there's lots to say. LOVE the sledding picture! and i love you too! we do not have cable either, so when we were at mike's parents in NOV i was catching up on all the same tlc stuff too. oh, and i want a bike and a trailer, but now that its 26 degrees here. . . maybe i can wait til spring!