Friday, November 30, 2007

Straightforward and Logical

Lately I have been very cold natured. When others are out walking wearing a t-shirt I wear at least two layers and a winter hat. Partly it’s because of still fighting off this eternal cough, but mostly because I just get chilled so easily.

I went to the dentist the other day and was shaking all over so I did something I have never done before-I asked for a blanket. So, that helped with the shaking caused by the temperature, the rest of the shaking was due to my anxiety brought on by the drill in my mouth.

Maddi is just the opposite of me. She is one of the people wearing one layer when I’m wearing three. She says she’s never cold and refuses a sweater especially if the dress on underneath is one of her favorites. So, last night she decided to take off her fleece sweater and just have on a spaghetti-strapped sun dress. We haven’t run the heater in our house yet this winter and it has gotten down into the 30’s a few nights here, though it is usually like 60. So, it was probably 60 or so in the house and she decides to just wear her sun dress.
I told her “Maddi, you’re making me cold just looking at you.” And her reply was, “Well, then, if you don’t want to be cold don’t look at me!”

And of course Paul was right there in the background listening and yelled “Good one, Maddi!”

7 comments:

Timbra said...

paul paul. . .totally opposite of most dads who would say "don't sass your mama!"

Kristi said...

Thanks, Timbra, for commenting. where did everyone go? Are you home yet?

Anonymous said...

We're here... We still read... Loved the poop post. Sam is all on board with pooping now. He even likes to announce that he's going.

"I'm going poops, huh dad?"

I love having kids. It is such a blast.

jh

Jeni McClue said...

Did Mexico wear off on you? The ski jackets are on the rack here - you know, for the 60 degree highs :) The difference being that people here are actually wearing them (unlike your neighbors).

I love keeping up with you and yours through your blog. Your photos are great!

Jeni

flee said...

Funny!

She sounds like she takes after you! Ha!

Love ya!

Timbra said...

more about the job to come . . . eventually! i'll try to keep you posted. love ya

Anonymous said...

I am really cold all of the time too. But then again it is actually cold here. Supposed to snow this weekend.

I the poop post was really funny. I'll have to show that to Phill.

It was nice to talk to you the other evening. See you soon.