Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Did anyone else see that they figured out why the bees are dissappering? It really made me happy to read. The bees pollinate a large percentage of the fruit that we like to eat and it looked rather bleak with them dissappearing all around the world. So hip hip hooray for the Spanish scientist who figured it out and Boo hiss to parasites!

http://www.reuters.com/article/environmentNews/idUSL1826459120070719

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel horrible that I did not even know that something was happening to the bees. I guess I really do live in a bubble. We do not watch the news (not really out of principle, just not with kids and then it is too late for me), we don't get a newspaper and I have not been doing much on the computer. I have not read your blog in a while and it was fun to catch up. The girls look so much bigger and how fun it will be to get to play with them. I hope that my kids are not grouchy after too much vacation!
See you soon. Kim

Timbra said...

Um, i didn't know about the bees, i found a very wierd fact about bees the other day, but i dont know if the world is ready for it and i don't want to be seen as tacky, so. . . . should i post it? oh, i'm really contemplating because i think it's a good laugh, but at the same time, might be in bad taste, but hey, i didn't invent this bee thing i'm thinking of writing, God did, so hmmmmm. maybe i'll write it in a personal email, it just seems like something that should be shared, and i need someone to share it with!

Timbra said...

ps. . .jealous that the millers and rush family are getting together. i'm going to have to get in on that action soon!

Timbra said...

someday I might actually write you back. . . . but today is not the day. I ran away from my family in a huff because I couldn't get some tickets to TN booked online at home and had to come to the library. So, I've been playing around for a while, and now I should return to my family. BUT, I promise to write soon! And the news you shared in your last email was kind of cool. are you excited?