I don't have much to say, but wanted to say hi to those of you who still come around. We're doing well. We're adjusting to our new home just fine and the girls have handled the change wonderfully. There are always neat things going on around here, so we've done a few different things this last week.
Last Sunday we returned to the Pier where they have the memorial for those who have died in Iraq. Maddi and I helped many others light candles around the 3400+ crosses that are there every Sunday. It was a moving experience and I prayed for peace in the lives of those families as we participated in that memorial. There were families gathered around individual crosses and it broke my heart to know that they were hurting over a lost loved one. http://www.vfpsb.org/
We also went to I Madonarri. It's an art event here at the Santa Barbara mission where artists draw pictures on the walkways using pastels. I'll have to post pictures later; there are obviously many talented artists in the area. http://www.imadonnarifestival.com/im.html
This Saturday we went to the Big Dawg Parade. People dressed in costume with their dogs and joined the parade along with marching bands and such. The girls enjoyed it a lot. It may have been better if we were closer, but they got the gist. http://www.bigdogs.com/parade/vendorbrochure2007.pdf
I rode my back around a bit last week. That was fun too. There are trail right from our house that will get us to the beach. I don't feel ready for that yet; though it's just a few miles away. I did go up a very steep hill around the corner and only got half way up. I decided to walk the rest because I was committed and when I got up there there was a parrot in front of a house that greeted me with a loud "hi," though I thought "congratulations" would have been more appropriate.
Better Go...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
WOW! That sounds awesome. God is good. I am glad you finally got to make it back to California. Abby's 5th birthday is tomorrow. I have lots to do. I send lots of love to you.
Amy G
Kristi,
Sounds like you guys are happy and healthy. I read your post and had to laugh because although I deducted that you meant you rode your "bike" you had written "back".....can't lose that Texas accent, eh?!?! We are in Canada - having a blast! Cute pics of the girls.
Oh ya - love the Thanksgiving idea!
Love and miss ya,
Care
we love getting to read about your adventures and especially pics of the kids.
I know you try to make it sound like you enjoy the city, but, in truth, it's just like Lubbock, right? (I almost want to put one of those side-ways/winking dudes... but I just can't bring myself to do it.)
One of these? ;)
Well done on getting up the hill! I dread what my cycling skills will be like if we ever move away. I can barely cycle across the flat as it is.
I'm glad you're enjoying California so much!
wow, very fun. I have not gotten on your blog in awhile and I cannot believe the Olivia in the pictures. She looks so much bigger. We can't wait to get to see you guys at the end of the summer.
Post a Comment